Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

Hi there, Friends!

I've seen Weekend Recap posts on a bunch of blogs and thought maybe I would give it a whirl.. not only as a way  to share what I was up to over the weekends, but also as a log for me to go back to when I'm bored and needing some inspiration to get out and do something.  I know I love reading everyone else's posts for the same reason.. sometimes there are events and things going on that I would have never known existed if it weren't for reading about them on local bloggers' posts.  And lastly, I'm hoping this keeps me from sitting on my booty all weekend and not taking advantage of quality family time together.. I'm sure my kids will appreciate this effort immensely :)

Friday night was very exciting for The Girl.. she went with a friend (her lil BFF.. also five years old, but already in Kindergarten because she has a spring birthday and The Girl's is in the fall) to their church where they had a Gingerbread House Workshop set up for the kids.  They each received materials to make their own houses and went crazy with the candy and  frosting..

SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!
Afterwards, the girls enjoyed a special treat together before heading home..

Cheeeeese!!---err---Ice Cream!
Cutest lil BFF's!

I had to work on Saturday at 6am, so the rest of us stayed home on Friday night for a pizza and movie night.. perfect relaxing end to a busy week.

After work on Saturday, it was home to shower and get all gussied up for The Martian's company holiday party.  Unfortunately, we forgot to have someone take a picture of us together, but it's always fun to get dressed up in something other than jeans and a sweater and we both looked pretty darn presentable, if I do say so myself :)

The kiddos had an awesome Saturday hanging out with Minnie (their grandma and my mother in law) and then had a slumber party at my sister in law's house with her four girls.  Again, no pictures, but the recaps they provided were enough to give me a peek into the excitement and fun that was had.  

After waking up (at 10am!!!.. haven't slept that late in YEARS!), we headed out to pick up the kids and drive to my sister's new house for my nephew's third birthday party (45 mins away.. my hometown and next door to my parents' house).  I can't believe I had my phone in my pocket and didn't take any fun pictures of the birthday  boy, the cool baseball jersey cake or the mountain of presents.  Instead, all I have is this sweet one of The Boy playing at the train table and having a very content and happy time among all the crazy party fun..

He spent almost an hour in his own happy little world at this table.

It was nice to see family and again, the kids had an absolute blast!!  I can't believe how many hours they can play and giggle together without slowing down for a second.. to have an ounce of that energy would be incredible and one of these days, someone will figure out how to bottle it and make a TON of money!

All in all, it was one of our busiest weekends in a long time and so much fun.  It's so easy to get into a rut of spending most of our weekends at home doing.. well.. nothing of note.  Hopefully the busyness of the holidays will get us in the habit of making life more fun and adventurous.  Or, it will wear us out and we'll have to hibernate for the rest of winter..

So, what did you do last weekend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment